Next Meeting: ‘WCC On Tour’
Our meetings are held at 8pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each Month. The next meetings are:
- December the [Undecided]: Date and Location of our Christmas party are TBC!!! Subscribe to our Mailing List for this and more!
To keep things interesting and to make ourselves as accessible as possible to LCC Members across our borough, WCC is now ‘On Tour’. We are alternating our venue each month. If you have a pub you’d like us to visit, join us at our next meeting and let us know!
Subscribe for WCC news & more
Kindly join our active email group by clicking here. You can unsubscribe at any time and we won’t spam you.
We are delighted to have been featured on the PutneySW15.com website this month! Our borough’s new cycling strategy is expected to get the go-ahead next week too.
In the words of transport spokesman Councillor Jonathan Cook:
“I’d like to thank everyone who gave their feedback on this strategy, which will hope will encourage people to cycle and so help us achieve our aims of improving people’s health, improving air quality and reducing congestion.
To see our latest inclusion and learn more about how to improve cycling in our borough with 20Mph limits in residential areas and more, the page is here. Get involved!!!
This website is the central repository for all cyclists in the Borough of Wandsworth, South West London. Every LCC member who lives in Wandsworth is automatically a member of Wandsworth Cycling Campaign. If you have information to share with the group, local concerns or simply wish to participate, you can get in touch here!
Why is cycling such a good choice?
- It helps you keep fit, both mentally and physically.
- It is low-cost with no congestion charge, petrol or fares to pay.
- It is usually much quicker than a car or public transport for short distances -a bicycle is ideally suited for trips of under 5 miles.
- It lets you plan your life because you know exactly how long each journey will take.
- It gives independence and freedom to travel where and when you choose.
- It is entirely non-polluting, so you are helping to improve air quality for us all.
- It reduces road congestion and the need for consuming valuable green spaces.
And not many other Londoners would say that they enjoy their journey to work! If you would like more information about our activities, or anything else on this website, please contact us.